Weekend Cheat Food: Strawberry-Vanilla Hazelnut Banana Split


As I was getting ready for bed last night I had a great idea for an article series on the Fridays before the weekend – healthy weekend cheat foods. It’s funny because I’ve noticed most people tend to not think about being healthy on Friday or Saturday, they simply want a break and that’s not a bad idea actually!
My philosophy for healthy eating and working out is a little bit different than most health nuts. I like to relax on my weekends too, and you know what? I’ve found it to work really well for me and my clients. I love food, and really enjoying being creative with meals even though I honestly have little time to make them. If it’s gong to take longer than 30 minutes to prepare I generally don’t do it! Nevertheless, cut yourself some slack and think creatively too and you may find that you will be able to live a healthy lifestyle for life and it won’t be such a battle anymore.
With that said sorry for repeating the plug for the healthy meals series I have prepared for you again but I took quite a while preparing the numerous breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas, so if you haven’t had time to read them or even print them out here are the links again – Healthy Diets for Men & Healthy Diet Plan for Women. These are great for you to try this weekend!
But how about a healthy and extremely awesome weekend cheat snack?
Here’s my latest invention…
Strawberry-Vanilla Hazelnut Banana Split
1/2 banana
1/3 cup strawberry yogurt (try finding one that doesn’t have added sugar)
2 Tablespoons Oats (or your favorite high fiber cereal)
1/3 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (my favorite for this idea is the Optimum 100% Natural Whey since it’s made with Stevia sweetner)
3 plain hazelnuts on top
So how good does that sound? You basically have a fruity & nutty vanilla flavour explosion in your mouth and it’s all good! The yogurt and whey protein powder provide protein & calcium, the banana and oats provide high quality fiber and carbohydrates, and the hazelnuts provide high quality fats.
This really is a super cheat snack food and if you’re feeling tired at any time during this weekend, all these nutrients will give you a huge natural energy boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive