Top Beginner Workout Questions


If you’re a beginner to the gym, starting your first workout routine or just want to start from scratch you probably have a lot of questions.
And let’s face it, who doesn’t? I remember my first gym experience, and I must say, it was pretty intimidating. All the machines, trying to get the right form, unsure of how much to lift, it’s all a lot to take in.
But like me, you probably had a lot of questions before you even got to the gym. Working out and lifting weights can seem like a scary thing. And truthfully, there’s a lot of information floating around out there that can make things pretty confusing.
So I thought I’d give you my perspective on things and answer the top 5 workout questions for beginners. Let’s get started…
Top 5 Beginner Workout Questions
Beginner Workout Question 1. I want to start lifting weights but I’m worried about bulking up and looking like a bodybuilder. What should I do if I just want to get toned and leaned?
A. First off, you’re not going to bulk up right away just because you start working regardless whether you are male or female. In fact, for women, bulking up is really difficult. This is because the same hormones aren’t present that make men build so much muscle mass. Regardless or your sex though, there’s a general rule of thumb if you only want to tone up and lean out.
I always recommend to my clients that they lift lighter weight at a higher number of reps if they have any concern about bulking up. Aim for sets of 12-15 reps instead. Incorporating more cardiovascular training, circuit training, and high intensity interval training into your workouts are other great ways to increase lean and toned muscles.
Beginner Workout Question 2. I do a ton of cardio, but I’m still not losing weight as fast as my friend who only works out a couple times a week. What am I doing wrong?
A. There are a number of factors that could be at play here. First, different genetics can affect your metabolism and the rate at which you lose weight. I know it’s just not fair but some of us (me included) have to work twice as hard!
Another critical component is diet, so look at what you’re eating and see where you can make improvements. Generally, you need to burn more calories than you consume in order to be losing weight. A couple great options for improving your fat burning efforts include Irwin Naturals Green Tea Fat Metabolizer and thisBasic Fat Loss Stack.
Now if you haven’t yet make sure you also sign up for my free Body Transformation in 5 Dayscourse. Over 50,000 people have already signed up and the feedback has been phenomenal.
Beginner Workout Question 3. When I’m lifting weights, sometimes I don’t feel like I’m getting enough air. What can I do?
A. While you’re working out, focus on your breathing as much as possible. You should be breathing in on the release (when you’re returning to starting position) and breathing out when you are doing the actual lifting, or the hardest part of the workout. This will ensure adequate oxygen uptake during the exercise and can make a significant difference in your ability to exert maximal force.
Beginner Workout Question 4. I get bored with lifting weights. What can I do to make it more fun?
A. Probably the best solution to this problem is to do split training (workout out different muscle groups each day of the week) and circuit training (moving between single sets of exercises without rest). Other things you can do to change it up include changing weight, changing number of reps, and changing the width of your grip.
Need more motivation? Then simply search for “motivation” using the search function on the top right hand side of the page and you will find numerous articles on the topic, but one of my favorite is definitely – Weight Loss Motivation.
Beginner Workout Question 5. I don’t have the time to work out 5 days a week. What should I do so that I still see results?
A. You can definitely achieve the same results in less time, in fact a lot of my clients get some great results just training 3 days a week but they keep in mind some fundamentals. Simple things like increasing the intensity, time, and frequency of your exercises within days can help you get the same results. The old adage of ‘quality over quantity’ applies to resistance training too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive